*Bank Robberies (City Wide):
· 3 Hits
· Perpetrator passes demand note, teller complies, surrendering USC. Perpetrator described as M/B/30, 5’10”, 180 Lb.
· First occurrence on 11/24, most recent occurrence on 12/30.
· These burglaries have occurred between 11:25 am & 3:30 pm at the following locations: Capital One Bank 74-11 Metropolitan Avenue (Middle Village), Capital One Bank 70-01 Forest Avenue (Ridgewood), and Astoria Federal Savings 75-15 Metropolitan Avenue (Middle Village).
The NYPD Major Case Squad is investigating these bank Robberies.
· 5 Burglaries; 3 Burglaries in 104 Pct, 2 Burglaries in 109 Pct
· Commercial burglaries occurring between 1200 Midnight - 3:pm. Same M/B observed on video removing property and flees in a white van.
· most recent occurrence on 12/30.
· The burglaries in the 104 are occurring at the following locations: 57-45 Rust Street (Maspeth), 55-04 Maspeth Avenue (Maspeth) and 59-04 Decatur Street (Ridgewood).
Grand Larcenies (shoplifting)
· 2 Thefts
· Perpetrator enters Duane Reade and removes property (antacids) without paying.
· First occurrence on 11/08, most recent occurrence on 12/29.
· These larcenies are occurring between 4:30 PM and 5:30 pm at the following location: 54-11 Myrtle Avenue (Ridgewood).
· 2 Burglaries
· Residential burglaries in Maspeth. Perpetrator(s) gain entry from window.
· First occurrence on 12/23, most recent occurrence on 12/29.
· These burglaries are occurring between 8:30 am - 8:00 pm in the following area: Maurice Avenue to Grand Avenue, between Rust Street and the Long Island Expressway (Maspeth).
Grand Larceny Autos (Stolen Vehicle)
· 2 Thefts
· Thefts of Ford Econoline vans in Sector G. Both occurrences were reported on 1/12. Both vehicles are 2002 Ford Econolines with commercial plates.
· These thefts are occurring between 4:30 pm - 8:00 pm hours at the following location: 63-37 Metropolitan Avenue (Middle Village).
PETIT LARCENY ALERT
· 2 Thefts
· Thefts of unattended property in Sector . Perpetrator enters commercial buildings and removes employee’s unattended property while they are working.
· First occurrences was reported on 1/13, most recent occurrence was reported on 1/14.
· These thefts are occurring between 1:00 pm - 1:30 pm at the following locations: 1706 and 1708 Flushing Avenue (Ridgewood)
Also be aware we have received multiple reports of locker break ins at the following gyms:
Retro Fitness -65-45 Otto Road Glendale, NY and Planet Fitness - 329 Wyckoff Avenue Ridgewood, NY 11385
Please do not leave your pets outside in the cold overnight. The owner of the animal can be subject to arrest.
Follow the 104 Precinct Commanding Officer Christopher Manson on Twitter: @NYPD104PCT.
Also if you do not have a Twitter account you can still receive all Twitter messages via cell phone by doing the following:
Text 40404 and in the message field text Follow @NYPD104PCT
Detective Thomas Bell
104th Precinct Community Affairs
64-02 Catalpa Avenue
Ridgewood, NY, 11385