Those of you who attended our meeting last night heard all the crime statistics for our area. We were glad to hear there was no crime in the Woodside/Winfield that impacted us. Here is some information that was passed along:
104th Precinct (Maspeth/Woodside)
Captain Manson told us they have identified a burglary pattern in our area.
- 11/19, 51 #s/65th Place between hours of 1:00 pm - 10:00 pm (this was previously reported to you - jewelry/passport stolen)
- 11/26, 55 #s/69th Place, 9:20 pm. Resident was home, saw an arm reach through his window, observed a white male in his 20's fleeing scene.
- 11/26, 54 #'s/65th Place. Burglary occurred between 8:00 pm - 9:00 pm.
- Sometime between 11/25 and 11/29, 66 #s/54th Avenue. US currency was stolen.
It was disturbing to hear that this burglar tried to get into some of the homes during the evening hours when there was a good possibility someone was home!
We had three stolen cars:
- 11/16 to 20th, 73 #s/57th Road, 2006 BMW (this was previously reported to you)
- 11/20 to 21, 53 #s/72nd Place, 2002 Subaru (this also previously reported to you)
- 11/20 to 21, 68 #s/52nd Drive, 2001 Subaru
110th Precinct (Elmhurst)
DI Leyson reported:
- 11/26, Hoffman/Queens Boulevard, cell phone stolen from female
- 11/28, 51 #s/Gorsline Street, between hours of 6:15 pm - 7:30 pm, jewelry IPad stolen. (This was previously reported to you as "unconfirmed". Now it's confirmed!
- 11/8, 86 #s/53rd Avenue, between hours of 10:00 am - 4:50 pm, jewelry/cash was stolen.
- 11/3, outside of 51-07 Hillyer Street (not victim's address), 10:45 pm, purse snatch
Please be vigilant and don't hesitate to call 911 for any suspicious activity.
Roe Daraio, President
Comet Civic Association