Captain Manson, 104th Precinct, is back from vacation and gave us an update for the past couple of weeks. These crimes happened in Maspeth/Woodside, but they can happen anywhere. Be alert!!
• Sometime between 4/12-4/14: 65 #'s on Hull Avenue. Water meter and copper pipes stolen from house.
• 4/16 - 51 #'s on 70th Street. Burglary occurred sometime between 6:30 am and 7:30 pm. Entry was made through basement window. Jewelry stolen.
• 4/27-4/28 - McDonald's, burglary occurred between hours of 11:00 pm and 6:00 am. Cash register with $3,000 cash stolen.
• Today, 4/29 - 54 #'s on 63rd Place. Victim states a perpetrator tried to break into his home through a window between 2:00 am and 2:20 am. Window was damaged and lock was broken.
• 4/17 - Female Asian, 78 years old, carrying luggage, was at store at 55-07 69th Street at approximately 1:30 pm. She put down her luggage and when she wasn't looking a male took the luggage and went around the corner. He was seen on video. The luggage was recovered but her wallet containing $100 cash and credit cards were gone.
• 4/28, 2:30 pm - Male left his truck running outside of 73-60 Grand Avenue. When he returned someone had entered vehicle and removed an iPhone, iPad, credit cards and driver's license.
Please DO NOT leave your possessions unattended. If you think someone might be breaking into your home during the night when you're home, call 911 and let the police investigate. Don't take a chance - you could get hurt.
Roe Daraio, President
Comet Civic Association