- Sunday, August 2nd, male white with no shirt in his 20's breaking into a vehicle on 84th Street in Elmhurst. Later that morning, a male white with no shirt was breaking into a vehicle in west Maspeth. We suspect two women in a car may be working with him. How many males with no shirt are running around the neighborhood in broad daylight breaking into cars?? Too much of a coincidence. These incidents occurred between approximately 9-11:30 am.
- We were just advised by a Maspeth resident that she witnessed a black male, skinny build, trying car doors at 5:30 am on 66th Street during the week. He was seen going into a neighbor's driveway to try the car door. Another neighbor had a video that she shared with the 104th Precinct but we were told that you can't see his face. 911 wasn't called about the activity because the witness said he was walking so fast it would be hard to catch up to him.
On Saturday, August 8, 2020 at 12:30:30 PM UTC-4, email@example.com wrote:
A neighbor reached out to me this morning and said that his car was broken into. Here's some info:
- The incident occurred on 70th Street between 52nd Drive and 53rd Avenue.
- The car was parked in the driveway. The gate was not closed.
- Neither the door nor locks were damaged but the owner was "confident" the doors were locked.
- The seats were moved, everything was gone through but nothing was stolen.
- One of the responding officers told me this is going on all over. As a matter of fact, we had a similar incident this past week in Elmhurst in broad daylight.
Regardless of whether or not something was stolen we urge you to file a report so that the precinct can see where these incidents are occurring. Not filing a report is like saying nothing happened.
Be safe and keep your eyes open!!
Roe Daraio, President
COMET Civic Association