- There have been rat sightings on Grand Avenue as far as 69th Street. Can someone ask the Health Department to bait the sewers and perhaps have rat traps placed strategically along the strip? We will ask contractor to perform pest control survey for both Grand Ave and on Mazeau Street and provide recommendations for locations to place rodent baiting stations. These additional bait stations will supplement the baiting stations that are located on 70 street and on Calamus.
- When will the work finally be completed on 70th Street and restoration begin? 70th Street restoration is anticipated to start in mid to late summer 2021 and is scheduled to be completed in fall 2021
- When is the work on Grand Avenue expected to be completed? We assume the street will have to be repaved at the very least? Grand Ave micro tunneling work is expected to be completed this fall. The deep shaft manholes structures is anticipated by to be completed by the end of the year. Roadway restoration is anticipated to be completed by will be completed in the spring of 2022. Yes, Grand Ave will be repaved.
- How long will Mazeau Street take? Mazeau Street work, including restoration work, will be completed by spring 2022.
- One worker told me the entire project won't be done for another year. Is this true? Current estimated contract completion is summer 2022, which is ahead of the original contract scheduled completion date of August 2023. We can continue to update you and the community.
COMET President Roe Daraio asked the following questions and received answers from DDC (Department of Design & Construction). We know this project is affecting many who live and own businesses in the area and we want to keep everyone up-to-date. The last question answered is great news!!
Comments are closed.
Welcome to COMET's blog!
Here you will find stories from our latest newsletter as well as interim posts about topics of interest.