- It might be possible the burglar(s) waited for the snow to melt to make it easier to get to rear of property.
- Perpetrator(s) might be watching a targeted block from a vehicle or on foot a day or two before they strike. It could also be a crime of opportunity - they see folks leaving, ring bell and when no one answers, they strike!
- While there seems to be a burglary pattern in northern Maspeth/Winfield, everyone needs to be vigilant. They could easily move to your block if they fear getting caught in the targeted area.
- Call 911 if you see anything suspicious! Give the operator as much info as you can. Description of individual(s) and if a vehicle is involved, the make/model/plate. Tell the operator there has been a series of burglaries in the area and you fear this person(s) may be involved. You will not get in trouble if you are wrong.
- Please pass this on to as many folks in the area as possible. Speak to your neighbors and get the word out!!
104th Precinct - Burglaries
- 52nd/72nd Place - entered via window
- 51 #'s/72nd Place - two burglaries at location (two-family house)
- 66th/54th Avenue - no visible sign of break in.
- 51 #'s/69th Place - lock broken
- 52nd/72nd Place - rear window
- 51 #'s/74th Street - front door, possibly unlocked
- 62nd/65th Street - perps rang bell and went to rear of house where they were apprehended.
- 51 #'s/72nd Street (two homes were hit on this block)
- 65th/Laurel Hill - garage, tools stolen
- 51 #'s/65th - pried open door
- 72nd/47th Avenue - entered via window
- 72nd/Calamus - garage
- 57th/84th - front entry. Resident was on vacation - not known when actually occurred.