I've been told social media is exploding with news regarding the recent crime in Maspeth, so I reached out to the 104th Precinct to get a recap year-to-date of robberies and burglaries. I am listing these crimes along with one Grand Larceny that you'll be interested in.
We will be holding our COMET meeting next Monday, 3/2 and Captain Perry will go over the crimes that occurred during the past 28 days only. It will take too much time to review everything.
Robberies - (a crime is considered a robbery when the victim is assaulted in some way)
- 1/3, an 11-year old was robbed of $10. An arrest was made.
- 1/14, 11:30 pm, Rene Court, a male was robbed by three men.
- 1/19, a homeless male was robbed by a friend in the vicinity of Maurice Avenue. An arrest was made.
- 1/31, a shop lifting robbery of a wig store on 51st Street/Grand Avenue. This incident is considered a robbery because an employee was assaulted in some way.
- 2/7, 9:30 pm, 71st Street between Grand/54th Avenue, a 15-year old female was assaulted and robbed of her cell phone and ear pods. Four or five individuals were involved.
- 2/7, approximately 9:30 pm, Grand/71st Street, a male delivery man from deli was robbed by four individuals. No property was taken.
- 2/7, approximately 9:30 pm, 70th Street/53rd Avenue, four males attempted to steal a backpack from an adult male. No property taken.
- 2/13, approximately 8:00 pm, 46th Street/Metropolitan Avenue, store owner observed someone attempting to break into his store after closing and confronted the perpetrator. An arrest was made.
- 2/22, 2:45 am, 60th/Metropolitan Avenue, male robbed by one perpetrator.
- 2/22, 7:40 pm, 66th Street/Jay Avenue, two males pushed delivery guy to the ground and stole his car.
- A female had her purse snatched on Grand/Remsen Place by a male on a bicycle. (I didn't make note of the date of occurrence)
- 3 businesses were burglarized on 69th Street. We reported this to you previously.
- Several commercial vehicles were broken into. This is considered a burglary because they were commercial vehicles.
- 1/3, 54 #s/69th Lane, vacant residential house broken into, nothing stolen.
- 1/27, 6:30 am, 58 #s/Fresh Pond Road, homeowner heard a noise and perpetrator fled. Nothing stolen.
- 2/6, 8:30 am, 59th/60th Street, homeowner heard a noise, went to investigate, perpetrator fled. Nothing stolen.
COMET Civic Association