At this time of year we wish you abundance, happiness, and peace filled with hope.
I hope you and all your family members and friends have a lovely holiday season filled with joy and meaning. It has been an honor and a pleasure working with you in this community building relationships. We wish you Happy Thanksgiving and a prosperous Christmas holiday! I hope you have a great holiday.
Police Officer Nisbett
Neighborhood Coordination Officer
New York City Police Department - 104th Precinct
HOLIDAY SAFETY REMINDERS
Always be ALERT and AWARE of your surroundings. In case of an emergency, always call 911. Report any suspicious activity to the police.
• Do not leave valuables, “theft attractors” in your vehicle.
• Never leave your purse, wallet, mail, paycheck stubs, bills or cell phones in your car.
• Know your neighbors. Watching out for each other is one of the best defenses against crime.
• Make sure door locks, window latches and sliding glass doors are properly secured at all times.
• Do not leave gifts or expensive items in view of the window where they can be seen from outside.
PO Nisbett got back to me and said there were two burglaries in Maspeth east of the LIE on Thanksgiving evening. I'm sure we'll get more specifics at our meeting on December 3rd. Please keep a light on at night when you go out so it looks like someone is home.