- Groups involved: Maspeth Chamber, Comet, Maspeth Town Hall, Americorp and Council Member Crowley's office.
- Date: Saturday, 11/12 with a raindate of Saturday, 11/19
- Time: 9:00 am - 2:00 pm.
- Location: We'll meet at Maspeth Memorial Plaza, 69th/Grand. We'll provide coffee, hot chocolate, donuts and divide the group into teams.
- Area to be cleaned: Tree pits on Grand Avenue from 64th to 72nd Streets.
- Other info: DSNY will provide us with tools and pick up the collected debris. We'll be providing other materials such as gloves, etc.
- I spoke to Mike Terry, President of the Maspeth Chamber and told him we don't put ads in our Comet newsletter, but any business on Grand Avenue that helps out will be mentioned in our winter newsletter. They deserve the credit for supporting our neighborhood!
Hi Everyone, We live in Maspeth because it's a great place. However, two Comet members brought up the issue of the tree pits along Grand Avenue. In case you haven't noticed, they're a disgrace! That being said, we think it's time we gave something back to the community in the way of a cleanup - of the tree pits which are full of weeds and debris. We want our commercial strip to look great for the upcoming holidays. If you can find some time to help out we'd love to have you. (If you're old like me you can always hold the trash bag open! lol) Let me know if you can make it. Pass this on to others who might be interested. See info below:
Welcome to COMET's blog!
Here you will find stories from our latest newsletter as well as interim posts about topics of interest.