Good news first. In the history of COMET, this is the first time that Maspeth had ZERO burglaries in 28 days! Winfield/Woodside is doing well too. There were two burglaries, one of which was a commercial vehicle The residential burglary occurred in the vicinity of 70th/51st Avenue. Folks are doing a fabulous job reporting suspicious activity, but you need to continue being viligent! Credit also goes to our officers who are making the arrests!
The bad news is that Elmhurst is not doing well. There were 8 burglaries during the past 28 days! Some of these burglaries were on the Maspeth/Middle Village border, so beware!! Crooks move around to avoid getting caught.
- 77#'s on Kneeland Avenue, residential, break-in through front door.
- 77th/Grand, residential, break-in through a window.
- 79th/Grand Avenue, residential, security bars were pried off side window.
- 83rd/54th Avenue, residential, security bars pried off window. Crime reported at about 3:00 pm.
- 85th/57th Avenue, residential apartment, front door.
- 84th/56th Avenue, residential through front door.
- 84th/57th Road, residential through front door.
- There was one commercial burglary in the area.
Roe Daraio, President
Comet Civic Association