Heard announcement from DSNY commissioner:
- Trash/recycling pickups have been suspended. If you have trash at the curb for pickup today he said you can leave it there. If you have not placed your trash/recycling out yet, leave it on your property. He will let folks know when pickups resume.
- He said salt is not effective in very cold weather and you need to be extremely cautious when driving. The snow will be fluffy and can easily blow back into the street.
- 53rd Avenue between 69th Street and 65th Place. Q 18 circumvents Plateau heading in both directions because of dangerous conditions when it's snowy or icy. (CB 5)
- Jay Avenue between 68th Street 65th Place - route for Q18. (CB 5)
- 50th Avenue between 69th Street and 65th Place - route for Q18.(CB 2)
- 53rd Drive between 65th Place and Maurice Avenue - Q 67 route. (CB 5)
- LIE overpass on Grand Avenue between Borden and Queens Midtown Expressway (east and westbound service roads). Not usually salted unless requested. (CB 5)
- Step street at 65th Place. (CB 5)
- Railroad overpass on Grand Avenue at Calamus Avenue. Heavily used by pedestrians and not usually salted unless requested. (CB 4)
- Footbridge at 55th Avenue between Haspel and 85th Street. NYC DOT maintains this bridge. Can't call it into 311 because they only take bridges/pedestrian overpasses with names. (CB 4)
- 79th Street between Grand and Calamus Avenues - route for Q47 bus. (CB 4)
Please be safe and don't overdo it when shoveling!!
Roe Daraio, President
Comet Civic Association