Some relevant details:
- We will be excavating the east side of the street 150 feet at a time, about 12 feet from the curb towards the middle of the street.
- Once the asphalt layer is removed, we will work to identify and fill any voids, while also compacting soil as we go.
- We will be using a backhoe with a vibrating hammer to compact the soil. Vibration monitoring will continue during the work.
- We will attempt to complete each 150-foot section by the end of the day, if not early the following day.
- Access to driveways on the east side of 70th will be blocked during the day when excavation is occurring in that section.
- Parking will be permitted overnight, but there will be no parking during the day on either side of the 150-foot section.
- The west side of the roadway will be available each day for emergency vehicles.
- Work is expected to take a total of 3 - 4 weeks, barring unforeseen conditions.
- Pauline will start going door to door tomorrow AM to alert the first section of homeowners.