Captain Travaglia, 108th Precinct, reached out to let us know that two burglaries occurred in Winfield/Woodside during nighttime hours Monday/Tuesday. These burglaries occurred the night of our meeting right after we sent out the Alert about the 104th Precinct burglaries!
- 12/1, 48 #s/64th Street, 10:30 pm, rear window entry - no forced entry. Cell and cash stolen
- 12/1-12/2, (overnight hours) 50 #s/64th Street, bedroom window and rear door found open. No forced entry and no property found to be missing.
- Please keep your windows/doors locked at all times!
- If you hear a noise, especially at night, DO NOT investigate - call 911 immediately!
- Many burglaries occur at the rear or side of a house where the perpetrator cannot be seen from the street. It is up to us as homeowners to keep a lookout! The police cannot patrol in our backyards.
- If anyone has an information that may be helpful, call the 104th or 108th Detective Squad. Your name will be kept confidential.
- Please pass this on to your friends/family/neighbors. This isn't too far from Elmhurst so we all need to be alert!!
In case you deleted our email about the 104th Precinct burglary pattern, I'm including it again. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to see that there are similarities.
Captain Manson told us they have identified a burglary pattern in our area.
- 11/19, 51 #s/65th Place between hours of 1:00 pm - 10:00 pm (this was previously reported to you - jewelry/passport stolen)
- 11/26, 55 #s/69th Place, 9:20 pm. Resident was home, saw an arm reach through his window, observed a white male in his 20's fleeing scene.
- 11/26, 54 #'s/65th Place. Burglary occurred between 8:00 pm - 9:00 pm.
- Sometime between 11/25 and 11/29, 66 #s/54th Avenue. US currency was stolen.
Roe Daraio, President
Comet Civic Association