The burglaries occurred yesterday, Friday, February 22nd between the hours of 2:00 pm and 11:00 pm. One was 67 numbers on 52nd Avenue. The second was on Calamus Avenue between 71st/72nd Street. The perp(s) entered one home through a side window. The other appears to be a rear door entry. No property was taken in one burglary and jewelry was taken in the second.
- Please folks, be alert! Don't assume the burglaries are confined to one particular area and won't move to another area!
- Entry to these homes were made from the side and rear - so it's likely perp(s) can't be seen from the street. Neighbors need to look out for neighbors!
- The NYPD does not know who lives on your block. Unless they observe a crime or a resident calls 911 for a suspicious person, they cannot stop someone for no reason. The ball is in our court!!
- When returning home, please be cautious! If something seems out of place, do not enter your home. Call 911.
- Please pass this on to others in the community!!!