As many of you already know we have a burglary pattern in Maspeth extending to the Woodside border. This is happening not far from Elmhurst so we all need to be vigilant.
Captain Mastronardi, 104th Precinct gave us the following rundown of burglaries:
- 12/18 - 51-xx 70th Street - homeowner was notified her front window alarm went off between 1:30-1:35 pm. she returned home immediately and found the window lock had been broken. It is unknown why the perpetrator didn't enter the house but suspect something/someone "spooked" him.
- 12/10 - 53-xx 67th Street - between 5:30 pm - 9:00 pm, rear entry.
- 12/6 - 51-xx 67th Street - between 10:40 am - 9:00 pm, rear entry.
- 11/30 - 52-xx 69th Street - between 3:30 pm - 7:45 pm, rear entry.
- 11/26 - 69-xx 53rd Road between the hours of 1:20 pm and 6:00 pm, rear entry.
- 11/13 - 53-xx 69th Street between the hours of 9:00 am - 3:00 pm, rear entry.
- 11/10 - 64-xx 53rd Drive between 8:00 am - 4:00 pm, rear entry.
- Possibly 2-3 male Hispanics wearing gloves/hoodies
- They may be in a van or SUV
- They may have a ladder since some entries were on balconies
- They may be posing as workers
- Call 911 if you see a suspicious person. Tell the Operator there have been burglaries in the area.
- Take note of the person(s) clothing, etc.
- If you see a suspicious van, SUV or car, make a note of the make/model. license plate #
- Remember, YOU know who lives in the community - the NYPD doesn't
- You can see the rear of the homes, the NYPD cannot!
- Please pass this info to your friends/family. These perpetrators need to be caught!!
Roe Daraio, President
COMET Civic Association