Those of you who attended our meeting last night heard the crime stats. For those of you who weren't there, you need to be alert.
I just heard there was a burglary or an attempted burglary yesterday during the day on 52nd Road/73rd Street while someone was home. The 104th responded. This is right on the 104th/108th/110th Precinct borders. You will note below that some incidents listed occurred in the area known as the Maspeth horseshoes. The activity here has quieted down since the 104th arrested perpetators in last week or so but that doesn't mean that folks can let their guard down. West Maspeth folks need to be viligent. The Winfield area has been hit. Elmhurst folks are right on the border of the activity and it can easily come over the border to you!
Our precincts are aware of what's going on and are actively looking into it - but they can't be everywhere. There's a possibility that the scrap metal people (scrappers) might be responsible for some of the crime - but don't discount anyone who looks suspicious. Call 911! Please pass this on to folks in the area.
108th - Winfield/Woodside
- Burglaries - 47th Av/72nd; 72nd/51st Dr; 65th/51st Dr.
- Car thefts - 50th/61st; 51st/65th Pl.
- Rims/tires - 47th/72nd
104th - Maspeth
- Burglaries (residential) - 51st/72nd; 70th/58th Rd; 59th/59Pl; 64th/58th Rd. (commercial) 58th/57th Rd; 52nd/74th; 57th/58th Pl.; yesterday 52nd Rd/73rd.
- Car thefts - 59th/58th Av
- Rims/tires - 57th/64th; 58th/63rd; 65th/51st Rd
110th - Elmhurst
- Car thefts: 50th/Ireland; 51st/VanKleek