Sent some of these stats to a few of you yesterday, but think it's important we all see the big picture of burglaries/robberies in area. Those of you who attended our meeting on Monday heard we had more burglaries on the Maspeth/Woodside-Winfield border. The 110th Precinct was unable to attend our meeting, but sent us the crime stats and we see there were two burglaries in the "valley" - a short distance from the others. Here's some of the stats and message from Council Member Van Bramer.
- Burglary - 3/6, 52nd/72nd Pl, rear entry
- Rim/tires stolen - 3/8 on 52nd/72nd Pl.
- Burglary - 3/13, 54th/72nd St, front entry, nothing stolen
- Robbery - 3/12, Grand/69th Pl, youth-on-youth
- Robbery - 3/25, male hailed cab on 80th/Roosevelt Ave. Vehicle stopped them on 74th/LIE, displayed guns, stole $300 cash.
- Burglary - 3/6, 72nd/Calamus, rear entry (same day as 104th's)
- Robbery - 3/6, 7:10 pm, 51st/66th Street, male was getting out of his car, $500 cash stolen.
- 3/14, 51 #'s Codwise Pl, removed bars in rear
- 3/14, 51 #'s Manilla St, rear window between 3 pm -8: 30 am.
- Robbery - 3/30, 8 pm, Grand/Van Horn, female Asian pushed to ground and iphone taken.
- The person(s) doing the burglaries is either very smart or very lucky and seems to blend in so as not to raise suspicions.
- If you see any person(s) lurking around, call 911 and tell Operator that we're had burglaries in the area and this individual is not known to you. You won't get into trouble if you're mistaken.
- Please pass the word to folks about keeping iphones, etc. out of sight when on the street, train, etc.!!
- Please pass this on to others in the area.
- See message from Councilman Van Bramer below.
Roe Daraio, President
Comet Civic Association