Received word from residents that two incidents occurred last night:
- Elmhurst - at about 7:30 pm last night an Asian neighbor on Kneeland Avenue, 77#'s, came home to find the locks on her storm door and inside door broken. She knew her children weren't home. She walked in the house, spotted a male black, tall, stocky. She screamed and the perpetrator fled, thank goodness, without injuring her. A neighbor heard her screams and observed him fleeing down the community drive at Gorsline/Hillyer towards Queens Blvd. The 110th Precinct responded and a report was taken. Hope to hear more at our meeting on Monday.
- Maspeth - As I was about to write this, I saw an email from a neighbor on 70th Street, 52#'s, who told me some lawn ornaments were stolen last night. He just called and is waiting for the 104th to come and take a report.
- Please report ALL crimes so our precincts know what's going on!
- The above burglary is on the Elmhurst/Woodside/Maspeth border so we all need to stay alert!
- If you come home and observe anything suspicious at your house, do not enter. Call 911!
- You can call your local precinct, speak with your Crime Prevention officer and ask for their FREE Home Security Survey. He/she will come to your house and give you inexpensive ways to secure your property.
- Last but not least, keep looking out your windows! Many arrests are the result of calls from the community.
Comet Civic Association