1. Claim funds from Con Ed for spoiled food due to the recent power outages.
Con Ed Outage Claim Form:
2. Claim replacement SNAP benefits for food purchased with SNAP that has been lost due to the recent power outages.
Under SNAP regulations, SNAP recipients who have lost food due to power outages or storm-related flooding may obtain replacement benefits as long as they meet criteria and fulfill certain requirements. SNAP Households have 10 days from the date of the incident to report a loss.
Our SNAP Replacement Benefit Toolkit is designed for community agencies working with SNAP clients in areas of the state affected by recent power outages and storm damage.
SNAP Replacement Toolkit includes:
- Information on the SNAP replacement criteria and requirements
- outreach flyer for community organizations to use with affected households
- the form to request benefits along with a cover page from Hunger Solutions New York