DI Manson, 110th Precinct, is asking folks to report suspicious activity especially since there has been an increase in burglaries in Elmhurst. He provided us with the crime statistics, some of which he mentioned at our last Comet meeting. If you have any questions regarding the statistics, you can ask him at our next Comet meeting which will be held on Monday, April 4th, 7:00 pm, at St. Adalbert Parish Center, lower level, 52-40 84th Street.
- 3/5, 11:30 pm, at 76-01 Queens Boulevard, a male white, 25-years old was arrested for trying to strangle his girlfriend.
- A burglary occurred sometime between 3/11 and 3/13 at 81 #'s on Dongan Avenue. Entry was made through the rear, $1,600 in cash and $2,400 in jewelry was stolen.
- 3/1 a burglary occurred at 81 #'s on Dongan Avenue between the hours of 9:00 am and 7:00 pm. Entry was made through the front door, $2,000 Chinese currency, $700 US currency. an $1,100 designer handbag and expensive bracelet was stolen.
- 3/2 at 82 #'s on Queens Boulevard a burglary of an apartment through the front door. Two leather Coach wallets and $2,300 worth of jewelry was stolen.
- 2/24 at 52 #'s on 79th Street the victim sees on video a male enter through a window and saw two males leave the premises. Nothing was taken. After the 110th Precinct conducted an investigation two Maspeth males were arrested - one 17-year old Asian from Mazeau Street and the other a 15-year old male from Grand Avenue. Both were charged with Burglary. (If someone breaks into a house and doesn't steal anything, it is still considered a burglary.)
- 3/10 at 85 #'s on 54th Avenue, during the 24-hour period between 10:30 pm to 10:30 pm, victim found 2nd floor window pried open but at the time wasn't sure anything was stolen.
- 3/11 at 85 #'s on 52nd Avenue between the hours of 6:00 pm and 11:00 pm - no forced entry, balcony door unlocked, unknown if anything was missing at the time.
Roe Daraio, President
Comet Civic Association