See agenda attached.
Dear Queens Civic Association member:
Happy Friday! Feel free to share our May meeting agenda with your civic association members.
Borough President Donovan Richards' Queens Civic Engagement Committee Monthly Meeting
Date: Tuesday, May 16th, 2023
Location: Remote on Zoom
Join Zoom Meeting
Meeting ID: 834 0168 4274
One tap mobile
+16465588656,,83401684274#,,,,*460498# US (New York)
1) NYC Mayor’s Community Affairs Unit - Neighborhood Support Teams Rollout Presentation
* Joining us for our May meeting will be representatives from the Mayor's Community Affairs Unit to discuss the rollout of their Neighborhood Support Teams.
* What are Neighborhood Support Teams?
* Neighborhood Support Teams will work with existing City resources in addressing quality of life issues in specific geographic areas over the course of one year. NST's use the insights and ideas of local communities to develop a creative strategy for addressing the identified quality of life concerns.
* The CAU team is looking for community feedback on what quality-of-life issues to focus on. The deadline for this feedback is Wednesday, May 31st, 2023. Our May Civic Engagement Committee meeting will be the perfect opportunity to share any quality-of-life concerns that folks are experiencing. Please note: for this particular initiative, the CAU team is looking for quality-of-life concerns that impact multiple blocks of an area or even multiple communities. Larger scale issues & concerns. For more information about this initiative please visit: https://www.nyc.gov/site/cau/support-teams/support-teams.page
2) NYC Service + Spread Love Campaign Updates + Presentation
* We will also be joined by representatives from NYC Service who will talk about what NYC Service is, the work that they do, and how folks can involved in their latest Spread Love campaign.
The full meeting agenda is attached to this email.
If you have any questions or concerns, feel free to reach out anytime!