A neighbor reached out to me this morning and said that his car was broken into. Here's some info:
- The incident occurred on 70th Street between 52nd Drive and 53rd Avenue.
- The car was parked in the driveway. The gate was not closed.
- Neither the door nor locks were damaged but the owner was "confident" the doors were locked.
- The seats were moved, everything was gone through but nothing was stolen.
- One of the responding officers told me this is going on all over. As a matter of fact, we had a similar incident this past week in Elmhurst in broad daylight.
Regardless of whether or not something was stolen we urge you to file a report so that the precinct can see where these incidents are occurring. Not filing a report is like saying nothing happened.
Be safe and keep your eyes open!!
Roe Daraio, President
COMET Civic Association