I would like to share some valuable resources with you.
1) If you’re struggling to pay rent due to the COVID-19 pandemic, the NYS Emergency Rental Assistance Program is available. Qualified New Yorkers can get up to 12 months of back rent paid plus 3 months of future rent and other assistance. Learn more here.
2) 2) Hate crimes against the Asian community have been dramatically increasing this year. If you or someone you know has been a victim of discrimination or crime, please call the following hotlines and organizations that working to combat this issue and help community residents:
Asian Americans For Equality: (718) 316-9993
Asian American Federation: (212) 344-5878
Organization of Chinese Americans
– NY Chapter:
Chinese Planning Council
Korean Community Services
Queens District Attorney’s Office:
• Hate Crimes Bureau hotline: 718-286-7010
• Office of Immigrant Affairs hotline: 718-286-6690
• General email: IN...@queensda.org
• Crime Victim Advocate Program: 718-286-6812
NYPD Hate Crimes Task Force:
To post videos & alert NYPD Asian Hate Crimes TF:
• Email directly to Sargeant. Lee - Asia...@nypd.org
• Twitter- @NYPDAsianHCTF
3) Department of Sanitation is giving residents the option to responsibly recycle through the composting program. If you live in the District, this is an eco-friendly option for you. Please click here to learn more or view the flyer below.
4) f you have electronics that you need to dispose of, there will be an E-waste event on September 26th located at 37th Avenue between 78th and 79th Street. Please view the flyer below for more information.
NYC Council Member