Our last Comet meeting before summer will be held this Monday, June 2nd. Please see our website for location, etc. We have a lot to cover so please be on time - or early!!
- We met some folks from Elmhurst who attended our meeting for the first time last month. They had a lot of questions about community driveways and we didn't have an answer. I am pleased to let you know that Kenneth Lazar from the Department of Buildings willattend and answer questions concerning property issues such as parking, use and who is responsible for maintaining community driveways, illegal construction, failure to maintain property, etc. This is your opportunity to get answers!!
- As usual, the 104th, 108th and 110th Precincts will give us our crime statistics and let us know what initiatives have been done in our area during the past 28 days.
- Spoke with Detective Toro at the New Immigrant Outreach Unit about what can be done on an ongoing basis to alert non-English speaking Asians about what's going on. Too many of these residents are being singled out and targeted. Not optimistic on such short notice, but maybe we'll hear some good news on Monday. She said she'll try to attend.
- Councilman Dromm's office has been looking into abandoned house on 83rd Street. I asked how long will an abandoned house remain in that state before it's sold. They are looking into it and will hopefully have an answer on Monday.
- Council Member Crowley's office will let us know what progress is being made with 311 with regard to reporting bridges and streets and presently not in their system. This isn't a problem that's solved overnight, but let's hope we get some good news.
Comet Civic Association